About Bandera, Texas
Bandera, Texas, located approximately 40 miles northwest of San Antonio, on the Medina River, is the county seat of Bandera County. The county was formed in 1856 from Bexar and Uvalde counties. There are many stories of how Bandera got its name, one being an account of Spanish soldiers leaving a flag or flags at Bandera Pass to warn Apaches against future raids.
Bandera has a rich and colorful history. Mormon and Polish immigrants settled the area in the 1850's. Known as the Cowboy Capital of the World, Bandera was a staging area for cattle drives up the Western Trail in the 1870's. A re-enactment of the cattle drives is portrayed in the parade that marks Celebrate Bandera, held each year during Labor Day weekend.
The beautiful scenery of the Texas Hill Country and mild climate offer residents and visitors many recreational opportunities including hunting, fishing, tubing and kayaking on the Medina River, horseback riding, hiking, biking and boating.
Double "B" Realty
PO Box 3460
Bandera, TX 78003
Office: 830-796-9090 ~ Fax: 210-579-6969
Cell: 830-796-1082 ~ Cell: 830-796-1083
Copyright © Double "B" Realty 2008-2014, All Rights Reserved